NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway Security Bulletin for CVE-2023-6548 and CVE-2023-6549
Two vulnerabilities have been discovered in NetScaler ADC (formerly Citrix ADC) and NetScaler Gateway (formerly Citrix Gateway).
|Authenticated (low privileged) remote code execution on Management Interface
|Access to NSIP, CLIP or SNIP with management interface access
|Denial of Service
|Appliance must be configured as a Gateway (VPN virtual server, ICA Proxy, CVPN, RDP Proxy) OR AAA virtual server
Affected Versions: The following supported versions of NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway are affected by the vulnerabilities:
- NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway 14.1 before 14.1-12.35
- NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway 13.1 before 13.1-51.15
- NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway 13.0 before 13.0-92.21
- NetScaler ADC 13.1-FIPS before 13.1-37.176
- NetScaler ADC 12.1-FIPS before 12.1-55.302
- NetScaler ADC 12.1-NDcPP before 12.1-55.302
Note: NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway version 12.1 is now End Of Life (EOL) and is vulnerable.This bulletin only applies to customer-managed NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway products. Customers using Citrix-managed cloud services or Citrix-managed Adaptive Authentication do not need to take any action.
CVE-2023-6548 only impacts the management interface. Cloud Software Group strongly recommends that network traffic to the appliance’s management interface is separated, either physically or logically, from normal network traffic. In addition, we recommend that you do not expose the management interface to the internet, as explained in the secure deployment guide. Removing such exposure to the internet greatly reduces the risk of exploitation of this issue. See NetScaler secure deployment guide ( https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-adc/citrix-adc-secure-deployment/secure-deployment-guide.html) for more information.
Exploits of these CVEs on unmitigated appliances have been observed. Cloud Software Group strongly urges affected customers of NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway to install the relevant updated versions as soon as possible.
- NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway 14.1-12.35 and later releases
- NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway 13.1-51.15 and later releases of 13.1
- NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway 13.0-92.21 and later releases of 13.0
- NetScaler ADC 13.1-FIPS 13.1-37.176 and later releases of 13.1-FIPS
- NetScaler ADC 12.1-FIPS 12.1-55.302 and later releases of 12.1-FIPS
- NetScaler ADC 12.1-NDcPP 12.1-55.302 and later releases of 12.1-NDcPP
Note: NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway version 12.1 is now End Of Life (EOL). Customers are recommended to upgrade their appliances to one supported version that addresses the vulnerabilities.
For assistance from the Kraft Kennedy team, please contact us.