Multiple vulnerabilities have been discovered in NetScaler ADC (formerly Citrix ADC) and NetScaler Gateway (formerly Citrix Gateway).
|CVE-2023-2466||Reflected Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)||Requires victim to access an attacker-controlled link in the browser while being on a network w/connectivity to the NSIP||CWE-20||8.3|
|CVE-2023-3467||Privilege Escalation to root administrator (nsroot)||Authenticated access to NSIP or SNIP with management interface access||CWE-269||8|
|CVE-2023-3519||Unauthenticated remote code execution||Appliance must be configured as a Gateway (VPN virtual server, ICA Proxy, CVPN, RDP Proxy) or AAA virtual server||CWE-94||9.8|
The following supported versions of NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway are affected by the vulnerabilities:
- NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway 13.1 before 13.1-49.13
- NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway 13.0 before 13.0-91.13
- NetScaler ADC 13.1-FIPS before 13.1-37.159
- NetScaler ADC 12.1-FIPS before 12.1-65.36
- NetScaler ADC 12.1-NDcPP before 12.65.36
Note: NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway version 12.1 is now End Of Life (EOL) and is vulnerable.
This bulletin only applies to customer-managed NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway. Customers using Citrix-managed cloud services or Citrix-managed Adaptive Authentication do not need to take any action.
Exploits of CVE-2023-3519 on unmitigated appliances have been observed. Cloud Software Group strongly urges affected customers of NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway to install the relevant updated versions as soon as possible.
- NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway 13.1-49.13 and later releases
- NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway 13.0-91.13 and later releases of 13.0
- NetScaler ADC 13.1-FIPS 13.1-37.159 and later releases of 13.1-FIPS
- NetScaler ADC 12.1-FIPS 12.1-65.36 and later releases of 12.1-FIPS
- NetScaler ADC 12.1-NDcPP 12.1-65.36 and later releases of 12.1-NDcPP
Note: NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway version 12.1 is now End Of Life (EOL). Customers are recommended to upgrade their appliances to one of the supported versions that address the vulnerabilities.
Learn more here.
For assistance from the Kraft Kennedy team, please contact us.