We have a lot of questions about Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML) and we’ve put together a panel of professionals with diverse roles to break down the program, highlight our obligations, and discuss everyday concerns that affect us as employers. This education program is for members only. Register here
Panelist Discussion Topics:
- Dos and Don’ts
- What are the main claims you’re seeing? Anything unexpected so far?
- Examples of claims including pitfalls and things to consider for the main types of claims such as:
- Parental Leave – with a medical component (mother) and non-medical (father/adoption)
- Employee illness
- Dependent/family member illness
- How does PFML work with other company policies such as Parental Leave and Short Term Disability?
- Are there any concerns with Firms’ exemptions? Do they need to refile yearly to opt in/out?
- Can employees really use PFML after they leave a company? How does that work?
- What documentation do we tell employees they need for a claim? How do you suggest we go about handling that documentation, which we may not want to see!
- How detailed is the Commonwealth when making their decision on a claim? What if an employer disagrees with the state’s decision?
- Are there notices or other announcements we, as administrators, should make sure we distribute?
- Audience Q & A
Elizabeth Dornburgh, Senior Director of Human Resources, Wolf Greenfield
Sarah Hipp, Group Claims Team Leader, Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company / Workplace Solutions
Joseph Laferrera, Managing Partner, Gesmer Updegrove LLP
Abigail O’Connell, Senior Counsel, Sun Life Financial