Universal License Entitlement Included with NetScaler
Most of our clients already use Citrix NetScaler Gateway as an ICA proxy to securely access desktops and applications delivered via XenApp and XenDesktop, as a NetScaler license already includes support for an unlimited number of ICA proxy connections. However, few clients currently take advantage of the many other capabilities NetScaler Gateway offers, as they required Universal Licenses at additional cost. That is, until now. Citrix is now including these features – SSL VPN, Endpoint Analysis, and Clientless Access – with the NetScaler editions as follows:
- NetScaler Standard Edition includes an entitlement for 500 concurrent users
- NetScaler Enterprise Edition includes an entitlement for 1000 concurrent users
- NetScaler Platinum Edition includes an entitlement for an unlimited number of concurrent users
- NetScaler version 11.1.49 is required.
- Universal Licenses are not needed with NetScaler Platinum for any use case.
- Additional licenses can be bought for Standard and Enterprise edition.
- Universal Licenses acquired as an entitlement with XenApp and XenDesktop Platinum should be used for XenApp and XenDesktop only.
With that in mind now more firms can use any combination of features that are included with the Universal License, which is great.